Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Hollywood Bowl Symphony Orchestra - Christmas Music LP

I picked up an LP of the Hollywood Bowl Symphony Orchestra - Great Orchestral Music of Christmas recorded in 1970. It has the most beautiful album cover and back that I have ever seen. I don't think my pics really do them justice since they are a little faded out in the pics but not on the album itself. Also the file size is reduced here so also not as good as the album. But I think you can agree that the album cover and back are spectacular. If you were to buy the CD that was later made of the same music, you would not get the back cover of the album. So here are both for your pleasure.





I bought the record primary for the album cover, but when I played the records(2) I found that they are in pristine condition. And the music itself is exceptional. I really like all of the arrangements, even though I think that the songs that are not actually for Christmas could have been substituted for true Christmas songs. But the blend of them is good. If you like orchestral Christmas music, you will really enjoy these.

I have included a CD Insert page that can be printed on plain paper and then cut and folded to fit inside the front of a CD case.
Hollywood Bowl Symphony Orch - Great Orchestral Music of Christmas.doc

I have recorded each side of the LPs as one file. Here they are:

Hollywood Bowl Symphony Orch - Great Orchestral Music of Christmas Side 1 FINAL.mp3


Hollywood Bowl Symphony Orch - Great Orchestral Music of Christmas Side 2 FINAL.mp3


Hollywood Bowl Symphony Orch - Great Orchestral Music of Christmas Side 3 FINAL.mp3


Hollywood Bowl Symphony Orch - Great Orchestral Music of Christmas Side 4 FINAL.mp3

Buy my Christmas CDs at VintageMusicRoom.com. Click here.

2 comments:

The Blue Carbuncle said...

Tasty! Thank you.

DoctorFast said...

Thank you very much for sharing this. Absolutely awesome