Sunday, November 28, 2010

Billy Vaughn "Have Yourself a Merry, Merry Christmas" album 1968



Here is a lovely album of choral Christmas music titled "Billy Vaughn - Have Yourself a Merry, Merry Christmas". It was published in 1968 by Billy Vaughn and Bunny Robyn and has some very nice renditions of popular Christmas songs and also a few not-so-well-known Christmas songs.

I also love the album cover. It reminds me a lot of one that I posted under the title of Hollywood Bowl Symphony Orchestra - Christmas Music LP. Do you think it was done by the same artist? They were recorded only 5 years apart, so it seems very possible.

Track Listings

Side 1

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
The Christmas Song
Christmas Story
Rags
Silver Bells

Side 2

It Came Upon a Midnight Clear
Nigh Bethlehem
Sleep Baby Mine (Carol of the Mother)
Deck the Halls
The First Noel
Silent Night

Click these links to download or listen:
Billy Vaughn - Have Yourself a Merry, Merry Christmas 1968 Side 1 FINAL.wav

Billy Vaughn - Have Yourself a Merry, Merry Christmas 1968 Side 2 FINAL.wav

Hope you enjoy this album.

To purchase my Christmas songs already on CDs, go to http://www.vintagemusicroom.com/. There are many songs that are not available on my Antique Christmas Music blog (here).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bandwidth has been exceeded. This album I consider one of the best Christmas music albums of all time. I would like to download it.

Jassnaround said...

Unfortunately I found that paying for the server to keep my files on was more than I could keep up. I decided to use that money toward my website VintageMusicRoom.com where I sell the music on CDs. I also have my CDs listed on Etsy.com, including this one by Billy Vaughn. Just search for the title or under "jassnaround". Thanks for your comment and hope this will be useful for you.